Did you know that January is National Hot Tea Month?
What a perfect time to consume this healing tool after the back-to-work stress, holiday comedown and settling in of the winter blues.
From its comforting properties to its health benefits, here are 12 reasons you should celebrate Hot Tea Month:
1. A good excuse to cuddle under a blanket on the couch. Who doesn't love "Lazy Sundays?" Time to curl up with a good book (or that new Netflix release you've been dying to see) and a cup of tea while sipping your worries away.
2. This tea recipe. Can you say delicious?
3. This adorable mug:
4. It's the most consumed beverage after water. Don't believe us? Read it here.
5. There are over 3,000 varieties of tea from which to choose. This site has a great list and is packed with information.
6. It's environmentally friendly. Not only do the leaves come from the plant known as Camellia sinensis, but many tea packers use recycled paper for packaging. Plus, the tea itself is a renewable source and oxidation of the tea leaf is a natural process.
7. You can cook with tea. Yes, you heard us correctly. We are drooling over this tea-smoked chicken wing recipe. The principles in this dish can also be applied to other meats such as turkey and pork loin. In addition, try something new by attempting to create this Chai ice cream. Yum!
8. It's really affordable. Whether you purchase some loose-leaf teas or packages of tea bags, it's hard to argue the financial friendliness of tea.
9. You can use it to make cocktails. Hot toddys, anyone?
10. They are great for detoxes. And January is a great time to detox right after the holidays, even though most people wait until Spring to do a detox.
11. Tea is said to be a great not only for the heart but also for the brain. Green tea, in particular, is excellent for reducing your risk of dementia, according to this article.
12. It has many other health benefits. It contains polyphenols and antioxidants, which have positive effects on the body. Be warned, however, that tea is not the end-all solution. It is still to incorporate it with an overall healthy diet. Also, the processed teas high in sugar are high in calories and would contain very little health benefits, if any. Be sure to switch out that soda tea for pure tea from the Camellia sinensis plant.
We have a variety of teas and a large selection right here in our gift shop. Along with our tea accessories (mugs and the like), you can celebrate tea month all through January with us. Be sure to ask about our kitchen decor sales when you're in as well!
What do you love about tea?
The Gatti Blog
Information, tips and more from the Gatti Pharmacists and staff.