Happy Wedding Season!
- Breath in, breathe out. Wedding planning is stressful, and as you might be aware, stress can negatively affect your health. And while not all stress is bad (believe it or not), self-care is really important. Make sure to take a break from the planning and hectic wedding schedule to get some "me" time. Talk to your partner and be up front about the support you may need in order to reduce those overwhelming feelings. It's always OK to ask for help.
- Be active together. Are you sick of hearing this tip? No? Good, neither are we. By choosing to be active together, you are not only encouraging a healthy lifestyle in one another, but you are also setting a positive tone for your future together. Plus, being active helps to keep obesity at bay, which can put you at risk for certain diseases, as well as improving your mental health and mood. Extend and enhance your life together with regular exercise!
- Get a check up. Visit your doctor and get a health screening. Encourage this in one another to help set a precedent for your future.
- Butt out. If you and/or your partner are a smoker, consider quitting together. Smoking is linked to many health issues such as heart disease and respiratory issues. Plus, having someone to support and encourage your decision will help make the process easier.
- Be prepared for your honeymoon. Are you planning to travel out of the country for your honeymoon? Make sure to do your research on the area you're headed to as well as the vaccinations you need. Gatti Pharmacy not only offers travel vaccinations but travel consultations as well to help ensure you get the most out of your trip and stay healthy.
Now that you made the decision to share a life, make sure it's a healthy one!