Upon arrival, we were greeted with smiling faces from the volunteers and directors at the senior center, who went out of their way to make sure Kyle had everything he needed for his talk.
Following the presentation, Kyle offered free blood pressure screenings and answered a variety of questions from those at the center that day.
The pharmacists and team at Gatti cannot stress medication safety enough, and the following points are part of what Kyle covered last month:
1. Patients are encouraged to ask a lot of questions about their prescriptions, such as:
- What conditions does this treat?
- How does this work for my condition?
- What is the name of the medication (generic name and name brand)? What is the active ingredient?
- How long will it take to work?
- How will I know if this medication is working?
2. Over-the-Counter Medications:
- Speak to a pharmacist to see if what you are taking is right for your symptoms.
3. Talk to your doctor:
- If you still have pain despite taking your prescription, speak with your doctor right away. You should not need to take more medications to help your problem, and your doctor can assist in finding a solution. We do encourage informing your pharmacist about this as well.
It is important to also note that not all medications should be crushed prior to taking. Please speak with Gatti about all aspects of your prescriptions before leaving the pharmacy. Your health and safety is our number one concern.
Another great experience in the books -- we love going out in the community and educating about different aspects in health.
Interested in having us present at your company or facility? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org today.