This month, Cory provides five ways you can reduce some of that anxiety and enjoy the season more:
- Expose yourself to sunlight. Get near a window on sunny days or go out for a hike or walk during the day. Sunlight helps to promote a good mood through the production of serotonin.
- Say no, more. We tend to want to please everyone over the holidays, but we need to remember we can't do it all (and no one truly expects you to). It's OK if you miss a holiday party or two to take advantage of some "me" time. (And you should.)
- Stick to your routine. Prioritize your tasks and don't try to squeeze in more than you can handle. It's OK to ask for help.
- Indulge in laughter. In fact, over-indulge in this as laughter has been shown to reduce stress.
- Talk to your pharmacist. Speak with us about how we can help - whether it's recommending a supplement like Vitamin D or helping to prevent the flu, we will do whatever we can to help!